This week has been an exhausting one!
Last Thursday night a herd of cow punchers strolled through my door at 10 o' clock. The evenings camp cookie had expected them hours earlier, but should have known better. They all grabbed a plate and piled on Nanaw's baked BBQ steak, pan fried potatoes and onions, no dressin' salad, baked beans, then finished it off with apple cobbler and ice cream. With full bellies, including an after work gathering around the pick up partaking in their favorite past time, they were ready for bed. A few of them kicked out their bed rolls in the living room and a few others rolled out in the yard. I think the "tuff guys", who chose the great out doors, may have wished they had bed down in the casa seeing as how a strong north wind came roaring in that night. The next morning I arose before the others and proceeded to start breakfast. The guys grabbed a hand full and darted out the door bound for the headquarters pens.
Later that day the girls and I ventured out to the draggin, Rylie insisted that they needed her help, so off we went. When we arrived, the ever insistent Rylie became the instantly shy, "I do NOT talk to men" Rylie, that we all know and love. After My Luvin' Man finished draggin the last of the pen, Rylie jumped aboard Sister Sarah and was happy. Happy until one of the men spoke to her, that is. She eventually warmed up and started picking on a few familiar faces. We joined the group for supper at the Drug Store, where we enjoyed a heap of catfish. After the deep fried goodness, the girls took the opportunity to nap and Mama helped Dad load a few yearlings and haul them to ranches yard. We then unloaded cattle and loaded horses. The trailer lights were out, so we followed the load of horses back to headquarters, then started for our warm beds.
For rest of the week, the herd of cowboys stayed at the hunting lodge and the lodges cook was hired to feed for the week. A highly disappointed bunch of fellers were let down by the cook only cooking lunch. They said the flip-flop wearing, long haired hippy would have been happy to bring them yogurt cups and breakfast bars to start the day. ( I think we all know what was said about that, which isn't suitable to write here) So, after making sure that hippy wasn't one of my family members, I have taken this predicament under my wing. Heaving myself out of bed every morning at 4 AM, I've cooked a hardy breakfast for my new groupies. My Luvin' Man departs around 5:30 and I try to sneak a nap until 7, when I peel the ornery gal from her pink cowgirl sheets and get ready to take her to school.
The following days were filled with trips back and forth to school and the ranch. I managed to get one night of walking in, where we found ourselves in the mood to have a lil fun... not walk! haha!! We blamed it on the full moon and enjoyed ourselves a lil too much. One of the warm VERY windy days, my beloved runnin buddy kept the babe for me and I borrowed her NIKON 3000. Wow, that sounds fancy and it is to me! I am NO photographer, but I had fun taking pictures of all the boys. My Luvin' Man said that I may have taken a few too many pictures of all their back sides, I was quick to let him know that was their best side! hehe!!
It's the last day of the first round of draggin, in the morning I have full intentions of sleeping as long as my lil beauties will let me. Speaking of the morning, I better heat the iron and get My Luvin' Man ready to head to Stillwater, where he's going to get A.I. certified. So, without further delay here are a few of the photo ops I took advantage of. Hope you enjoy, I sure did!
| My Luvin' Man and Boomer |
| SEE! I took pics of their faces too! ;) |
| I happen to have a lil thing for leggins! |
| And HORSES! |
| I'm kind of in love with this one. ;) |
| Jug Head and Sister Sarah |
| Bundy and Girl Dog |
| Lil Roany did not want to take the leap! |
Well, looks like a few pictures turned into A LOT. ;)
Peace, Love & Punchers,
~C~
Love the pictures! Sure wish your Uncle Bud would have made it, but maybe next year! :) Love y'all!
ReplyDeleteC and I both have been wishin' he would have been here too!!!! C says it about 20 times a day! ;)
ReplyDeletelove you!