Friday, June 10, 2011

this and that

The last few weeks have been steady going.  We haven't done much, but have done a lot all at the same time. 

School is now out for summer and Rylie keeps me on my toes and my head, while pulling my hair out. haha.  Lord knows I love her though!!!  Who could resist these angel kisses??



We had a run of company, My Luvin' Man's parents came up for his step brothers high school graduation.  He graduated from a town a few miles down the road, so they bunked with us and we all went over for the big event.  This event was held in a tiny room with half of the folks peeping through the door way from the hall.  Afterward we went to a dinner, it was nice to see everyone!  I think Grandma and Grandpa were glad to see two lil gals I know!  ;)

Rylie also started T-Ball... BAHAHAHAHAHA... it's quite entertaining to say the very least!  There are a few kids that are engrossed by the very sight of the ball.  Then there are all the others, they are watching birds, playing in the dirt, picking their nose, and performing pirouettes in the out field.  Rylie is the latter of course. The first game she was doing great, batting and going for the ball.  She was racing a lil boy in the out field to fight for the ball.  That was all she wrote... one game.  Now she's had enough and I'm not sure she would notice if the ball hit her right on the head.  That's ok though, being the "mean" Mama I am, she has to finish it.  I'm a, "if you start it, you have to finish it" kind of Mom.  I had to do the same growing up and I think it was good for me. The last game we played was a doozie.  The other team had practiced, A LOT!  I was pretty sure some of those kids were Sr.'s in high school!  WOW! 

Baby Rein is growing like a weed!  She has two teeth shinning through now and she's trying to crawl.  She moves all over the place and if you aren't looking you would never know how.  She scoots until she's makes it to her destination smiling from ear to ear the whole time!  She such a happy baby, unless she's hungry or you take her food away.  HA!


We made a lil trip to the river, the Canadian River that is.  My Running Buddy and her family joined us for the big adventure.  This is a picture of Rein enjoying the out doors, that is her sister playing in the water behind her.  It was a lot of fun and we ended up camping there for the night.  This is a spot we have visited before and hope to go many more times before cold weather hits.

This week has began the second round of calf draggin'.  Most of the herd of boys moved in on Tuesday and the rest will trickle in over the weekend.  They will go until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.  I have been up at 3 AM cooking breakfast and have also been cooking supper for them all every night.  Oh the trip to town to buy the heap of chuck was dreadful!  We all made it out alive and my house is busting at the seams with grub.  Did I mention I have been getting up at 3AM?  YIKES!  That makes me tired... I need a nap!  I do go back to sleep for a few hours before the lil beauties wake.  Still a nap is in order.

The weekend is upon us and I'm sooooOOOOOoooo excited I can hardly stand it! Rylie's best friend and her Mama (another running buddy of mine! ;)  are coming to visit!  I haven't told Rylie yet and I can't wait to see the look on her face when they get here!  I think we may play in the creek, we may even take another trip to the river we'll just have to see.  Whatever we do I know it will be fun and I know Rylie will be beside herself!

Well I better get.  There are t-ball games to get ready for, a herd of cowboys to feed, and company a coming! 

PEACE OUT!  :D
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment