It has been a long time since I've sat here typing my blog, but if I sit in the right spot of our newest new house I can pick up a connection which I'm ever thankful for!! Speaking of the newest new house, I seem to have a little catching up to do. Humm... where to being.
Around the middle of September we stumbled upon a super cute house that we scooped from under a willing friend. So, My Friend and I, made short work of packing and moving with in a few days. Where my family and I found ourselves piled into an adorable, small, freshly remodeled house and it was necessary to get things put away quickly. So, that week I was able to paint a few rooms and get most of our things in the general vicinity of their place.
During this hectic week we had a little dinner and cake for our big girl Rein. (She dove right in and love every bite of cake!) Also that week MY Luvin' Man was off to Colorado on the wagon for about a week and the girls and I ventured to Lubbock that weekend. There's no rest for the weary right... HA! It had only begun!
My Luvin' Man had a good trip. No big wrecks, which, to me, is a good thing! The girls and I were able to visit family and friends, attend our Wicky's baby shower, and check in with Dr. Klepper before heading home. The girls and I arrived home on Monday afternoon and My Luvin' Man didn't make it home until the wee hours that morning.
That following day, Miss Priss was off to school and I drug My Luvin' Man out of bed to call and touch base with the ranch. He was asked to go by the office, he threw some clothes on and headed in.
I couldn't help but question this strange request, but felt pretty confident that all was well. There is nothing to worry about, I told myself. They rave about My Luvin' Man to everyone, tell him continually what a fantastic job he does, and they aren't going to sell cattle due to the lack of rain. Then the phone rang, it was My Luvin' Man and he said, "Well, they fired me." WHAT.... BUT.... OOOOH! This cannot be happening. He further explained they were in a bind and had decided to sell off most of the cattle and he was no longer needed. He was laid off.
Our world came crashing down in the matter of minutes. I felt like I was in the spin cycle. I prayed. I cried. I prayed. I cried some more. All I could think of is how we were going to feed our family, pay our bills, get Rylie to school everyday, feed our herd of animals, the list just kept on and on. What were we going to do!? I was not ok, but I knew that worrying would get me no where and I felt like My Luvin' Man and the Lord above would take care of us.
HE did just that. My Luvin' Man instantly starting calling around, spreading the word to get all the day work he could handle and asking about jobs. We caught word of a few jobs with in the day and made a call or two. Two days after we had been knocked on our ears, we had a job interview.
For that I was beyond thankful, but this job would be in Kansas or dang close to it. I had no intentions of moving my big girl into yet another school and it broke our hearts at the thought of leaving Follett. None the less, we headed north and took a gander at their digs. Man! It was NICE, BUUUTTTTT it was in Kansas.
We fought our head over this deal for several days. They called and made an offer on a fabulous opportunity. Yet we were stumped. We could stay here, My Luvin Man could day work and such OR we could have a steady job. We prayed and prayed some more. My heart was telling me "move to Kansas Toto". Then a few words were spoken to me that echoed in my head... "Do what takes you furthest in life".
That's that. I sit here in Nowhere Kansas writting this blog, with no site of Toto OR Dorothy YET! That's right, we were unemployed on Tuesday and had a job on Thursday. WE ARE BLESSED!!! We are very aware of that and tremendously thankful!!! We now reside just west of the three mile marker, Kansas USA.
We repacked and moved a lil north. I'm flat worn out and I think I maybe morning the departure of Follett TEXAS just a tad. We loved it there and had full intentions of raising our family there, but everything happens for a reason and there is a reason for this too.
We tried to get Rylie into school at Forgan OK, but had to send her to Meade. It seems like an awesome school and we have heard great things about it. She has adjusted wonderfully and I'm overly greatful for that.
Our newest new house is very nice. The place we live on is beautiful and the people here seem to be very genuine and kind. Our camp is more like a small community and I have neighbors, which will take some getting use to, but I'm sure it will work out nicely.
In the end we have made it through this too, we always do. (I will work on getting some pictures posted.)
from the yellow brick road,
~C~
No comments:
Post a Comment