Thursday, July 7, 2011

no fireworks

Not a lot to speak of this fine Thursday morning.

Our fourth of July celebration wasn't the same this year with the lack of fireworks, really there was no celebration at all.  It just seemed like another weekend around here. 

We did get to drive over to Canadian TX, an absolutely gorgeous little town about 40 min south of our camp, to a ranch rodeo.  My Luvin' Man was entered up on Sunday evening.  We had a sitter for the girls, so that Mama and Dada could enjoy the festivities a lil.  I packed the camera to attempt catching a few shots, I was pretty entertained by the challenge.  I've about decided I want to buy a BIG FaNcY camera with one of those big 'o long lenses, live in a trailer and travel the world capturing rodeo one shot at a time.  Then I figure there are enough crazies in this world that do the very thing, no need to add another. 

My Luvin' Man is 6th man over with two of his team mates on either side.


I don't think my friend would like this pic, but I wanted to show how rank this dude was.

This is My Luvin' Man with two feet.

The wild cow milkin'... that's My Luvin' Man on the tail.
The rodeo was a lot of fun!  You can't tell, but it rained cats and dogs the whole night.  All the guys were soaked to the bone and not one complaint!  Our handy bronc rider lost his footing and didn't make a time.  Other than that, they had a good time in every event and were setting pretty good in round one.  Round two rolled around, the teams took advantage of a nice dry evening, there wasn't even a mud hole left for them to fall in.  We took the girls and our running buddies the second night and had fun watching.  I'm not even sure were our team placed or who won for that matter, but a good time was had by all.

On Saturday we journeyed over to the big city of Darrouzett for our first taste of Ducthes Fest.  There was a "BIG" parade, followed by some yummy German foods, and ending with bounce houses at the park.  It was quite the ordeal you see.  Anyone and everyone that has ever had anything to do with Darrouzett came back for the big event.  They also had softball tournaments and a golf scramble.  My Luvin' Man took the afternoon off to golf a lil, his legs that rarely see daylight suffered.  The night before this shindig, My Running Buddy and I had gone over to walk, the town a buzz!  I was shocked at the sight of all the people that had come to town.  It was a good time and I'm sure it won't be the last!

This is the kids waiting for candy at the parade.

All and all it was a great weekend, even though I didn't get a firework show.  The country side wasn't burned down by a spark from fireworks, so I will survive and wait to see the beautiful bursts next year.  I hope everyone had an awesome, safe weekend as well.

peace, love and bronc peelers!,
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment